Gomez

Tuesday, August 31, 2010



































































First safety item should be a whistle, something to get

 other peoples attention and to scare away animals.

  Second item bandages and a small bottle antiseptic solution.

 Third item wrapped around hiking poles would be some duct tape,

 not a lot just enough to fix damage to a tent, pack or yourself. Do not

 forget Advil or Tylenol for headaches and aches and pains. 

 I did a camping trip with my older nephew once when he was

 very young to a national park I liked.  The first night out I got

 a blinding headache and no tylenol or aspirin in sight, I almost

 went insane that night with pain.  A cell phone in case you need

 to make an emergency call. though due check the coverage on

 your hike, some phones get bad coverage in mountainous terrain. 

 My own cell phone gets great coverage, acts as a GPS unit,

Alarm clock, and News service.  I hope to have it get weather for

 the area’s I am hiking as I would hate to end up in bad situation

just because I did not know the weather conditions.  Always be

 aware of what the weather conditions are like when and where

 doing a hike, this more than any thing else could save your life.

  Doing the Appalachian trail hike in 2005, I had maps with me

 and I found the trail was always well marked however I should

 of, didn’t have, but should of had either a compass or GPS unit

 just in case I got lost.  Sun block and Mosquito repellant as

 needed to avoid other issues.  I also plan to find some decent

 sun glasses that cover the sides as well.  During my 2005 hike

 some of the bugs hovered right in from of you than dove into

 you eyes, not fun when scrambling over rocks. That is it for the

 safety items, some other things such as bears were covered in

 my early blogs and as for snakes do some reading and be aware.


Read more:http://www.myspace.com/anarkist4now/blog?bID=538743350#ixzz0yESNK6fw

No comments:

Post a Comment